You must allow me to start winding this down now. Un oeuf’s un oeuf.
This has all been about various things, including the following, so far probably in this order:
1) raising awareness of men’s health issues to whoever will read/listen; while Movember is funny because of moustaches, there is a chance that the vital issues don’t get talked about, still
2) encouraging people through engagement and entertainment to give money to the Movember foundation, which then goes on to good things like prostate and testicular cancer research
3) through the contrived situation, to have a positive impact on my own health and of those around me
4) to see if I can write a reasonably-sized blog entry every day for a month without losing the plot or resorting to desperate measures (jury’s out on that)
5) to rock the boat and see what tangents occur from forcing myself to do something every day for a while
6) other minor reasons
However, for one day only (or maybe tomorrow too), reasons one and two will swap. I’d like to definitively ask for more sponsorship. Yes, I get “credit” in a way, but clearly it’s not about that. Don’t be silly. I’d be just as happy if people give direct to, for example, Prostate Cancer UK instead. Same difference.
I’d be equally happy, actually, if any men reading any of this decide to do one thing differently for their health after Movember. It could be getting a prostate exam, learning how to check their testicles, getting a sexual health checkup, setting an exercise/fitness target for the next year, or even just encouraging men they know to do any of the above. You don’t even have to tell me you’re doing any of the above. It’s nothing to do with me. Do it for yourself.
Thanks enormously to all those who have donated so far, and those who have supported in other ways. It has been invaluable.
Only one day to go. Sunday will be a day of rest, that’s for sure!
Please feel free to donate to my Movember campaign – all donations very much appreciated!